Meet Ms. Amber, Roxhill Counselor
Ms. Smith has a Master of Education in School Guidance and Counseling. 2015-2016 was her first year here at Roxhill. Her background includes work in Wrap Around services, and Behavioral Counseling in a group home setting. She also served as a Peace Corps volunteer in Uganda
This years focuses include:
- Strengthening our PBIS structures
- Coordinating our Special Education Referrals
- Improving our classroom environment by focusing on kindness and compassion towards our peers. Introducing Restorative Justice practices in the classroom.
- Serving each grade level with our Second Step anti-bullying curriculum
- Improving students mindfulness
- Managing reports on bullying and peer mediation.
Although Ms. Amber is seldom at her desk you can leave her a message and she will get back to you as soon as she is able: